Italian language classes
Cooking intensives, before
Florence’s best pizza, Fiesole
(near the Etruscan ruins)
We are off to Italy!
This food course begins with a culinary intensive in Bellingham, also available online, then moves to Florence, Italy, where students study Italian and food culture of Italy. Students also study at the University of Florence sensory taste sciences department. Study is with Italian faculty as well as with Western professor, Gigi Berardi.
- Experience Italian farmhouse cooking in a hands-on culinary intensive.
- Study food aesthetics and sensory taste science in the home of “Slow Food” in northern and central Italy.
- Participate in carbon-offsetting at “Inspiration Farm” in Whatcom County (optional).
- Lectures at the Glass Haus (Goetheanum) with Johannes Wirz
- Tour of the Goetheanum and grounds
- Visit to the Ita Wegman Klinik (Arlesheim, Switzerland)
- Hillside hikes
- Accomodations for three nights at Begegnungszentrum (Dornach, Switzerland)
- Group cooking and dining at self-catering facilities in Begegnungszentrum (food costs, extra)